3-Year B Sc Degree in Economics
A degree in Economics at Masta Business School is completely a rewarding experience; with 3 majors in the discipline, you have a choice to become the type of Economist that suites your ambition.
Our majors – Economics, International Political Economy, and Business Economics – allow students to attain their own goals and objectives. All three of these majors require a central core of five courses: Principles of Economics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Quantitative Methods, and the Economics Seminar on the Wealth and Well-Being of Nations. These core courses are essential for a solid grounding in the central ideas, theories, and empirical methods of the economics discipline.
Economics major, the major which we recommend for our students who wish to go for post-graduate studies in Economics and for students who seek to double-major in Mathematics and Economics. In addition to the five central core courses required of all departmental majors, Economics majors take three Mathematics courses – usually two courses in Calculus along with Linear Algebra or Differential Equations. Economics majors build upon the foundations of the five-course Economics core and these three supporting Math courses by taking additional courses in Econometrics, Mathematical Macroeconomics, and Game Theory along with electives that students choose in consultation with their advisor.
International Political Economy
International Political Economy is a field of study that examines the systemic connections between the political and institutional rules of the social order and patterns of economic structure and performance in an international context. Though the field draws mainly upon Economics and Political Science, the boundaries of IPE are somewhat fluid, incorporating Sociology, Anthropology, History, and area/regional studies. An IPE major complements existing programmes in international education by offering an international field of study that incorporates a rigorous quantitative sequence as part of its core curriculum. This internationally-oriented major that emphasizes social scientific empirical methods will be especially attractive to students interested in pursuing post-graduate programmes in Development Studies and International Economics as well as careers in International Business Consulting, Financial Services, and NGO operations.
Business Economics major is designed for students who want to understand how economic organizations function and for students who want to run economic organizations such as for-profit firms, not-for-profit firms and governmental organizations. The major has two analytical cores: first, you will offer the same central core of five courses that all of our majors complete because economic analysis is essential to understand the micro- and macroeconomic environments within which economic organizations operate and to identify the trade-offs that these organizations face. Second, you will offer a two-course sequence in accounting and finance that teaches the basic analytical concepts necessary to evaluate the financial history, to guide the day-to-day operation, and to envision the future paths of an economic organization. Graduates who major in Business Economics will be equipped to participate in the operation of all forms of economic organizations, to work in the financial services sector, to pursue professional programmes, or to start their own business.
Why Choose Masta Business School for this course?
- You will study under the supervision of scholars and crack team of economists in a broad range of business and banking, including accounting, politics, management, industry and entrepreneurship,
- We link our students during the duration of their studies to industry guests and public administrators for practical exposure,
- Our faculty staff are experienced researchers in their subject areas who enjoy international reputation,
- We maintain an excellent virtual platform that gives you the chance to develop your skills in data analysis and report preparation,
- Masta Business School offers an attractive range of Postgraduate Degrees in Economics, Policy and Strategy, Political Economics, Financial Economics, etc, so you can come back for your master degree after graduation,
- Depending on the modules you wish to study, you will be able to gain exemptions from parts of the professional examinations of the major Economics, Accounting Business professional bodies to become certified/accredited.
For enquiries and awarding institution, ask email@example.com
To apply now, click – firstname.lastname@example.org