3-Year B Sc in Political Science
MBS Department of Political Science seeks to make the study of politics and international relations an integral part of liberal education, providing a coherent, comprehensive introduction to the discipline of political science for our students. Therefore, our faculty actively engage in the political world and scholarship about this, and the department offers courses that encourage the thoughtful consideration of political aims, institutions, processes and problems. These include the exploration of power, conflict, peace, citizenship, and justice from diverse perspectives.
Introductory courses are designed to equip students for responsible, effective participation in civic life and public affairs in local to global contexts. We offer opportunities for more specialized study in government and politics as a foundation for post-graduate education and future vocations in law, government, journalism, teaching, activism, and other public service careers. The department works to strengthen the College as a whole by participating responsibly in its intellectual life, its core programmes, and through service.
Political Science Major
Course requirements for a major concentration in political science are made flexible at Masta Business School, because the best preparation for careers, as well as for the rest of life, is the perspective and depth afforded by an authentic liberal arts and sciences education. The focus of the political science major ensures that students acquire the tools necessary to study politics and an emphasis is placed on courses in philosophical logic, languages, and statistics. Students are asked to take nine courses in political science, one unit in economics, one unit in history, and two units from philosophy 100, any non-native language, or any statistics if needed.
Career Prospects of Political Science
After graduation, some majors move directly to positions in business, government service, politics, or teaching. Most, however, proceed first to further professional education—whether in law (recent examples include Cornell, Wisconsin, Michigan); in public administration and policy (Harvard, Minnesota, Princeton); in Ph.D. programs in political science (Chicago, Wisconsin, Oxford); or journalism (Texas, Missouri). Historically, the department has had particular success in educating people for college teaching, Foreign Service, law, and public affairs.
Beyond conventional course work, political science students enjoy many other modes of learning. We offer our advanced students opportunities for study in special seminars as well as supervised individual research, bringing prominent political leaders to campus and the classroom. Some of our majors administer an informal student-faculty study and social groups to discussing current political problems with them. During election years, we encourage our political science students to work campaigns teams of election candidates for further practical experience. We strongly encourage working internships with local judges and the public complaints commissions for better appreciation of political and public service functions.
Why Choose Masta Business School for this course?
- You will study under the supervision of political scholars and administrators in a broad range of public administration, politics and public policy infrastructure.
- We link our students during the duration of their studies to political gurus and public administrators for practical exposure,
- Our faculty staff are experienced researchers in their subject areas who enjoy international reputation,
- We maintain an excellent virtual platform that gives you the chance to develop your skills in data analysis and report preparation,
- Masta Business School offers an attractive range of Postgraduate Degrees in Economics, Policy and Strategy, Political Economics, Financial Economics, etc, so you can come back for your master degree after graduation,
- Depending on the modules you wish to study, you will be able to gain exemptions from parts of the professional examinations of the major political science and public administration professional bodies to become certified/accredited.
For enquiries and awarding institution, ask email@example.com
To apply now, click – firstname.lastname@example.org