3-Year B Sc Degree in Sociology
Welcome to MBS Department of Sociology where we seek to understand the actions of individuals by situating them within the social contexts in which they take place. Sociologists are interested in discovering the underlying regularities of social life, how these patterns of people’s behavior have come to be, and how they differ across both time and space. We analyse both how these structures shape and how they are reproduced and transformed by our actions.
The scope of sociology range from the study of fleeting encounters in public to the analysis of global social processes. Our curriculum familiarizes students with the basic approach and findings of sociology, its methods of gathering and evaluating evidence, its major theoretical approaches, and the ways in which sociological knowledge can both enrich our self-understandings and enhance our capacities for democratic citizenship.
Sociology prepares students for a wide variety of careers, both private and nonprofit sectors. Some of our graduates pursue post-graduate degrees in sociology, law, education, medicine, public health, and related fields to strengthen their opportunities in practice.
Sociology is challenged by its insight into the complicated connections between individual lives and social institutions. At MBS, we give students the analytical tools of sociology that clarify those connections and enable them to become critical, thinking citizens. Tolls of Sociology include:
1) Concepts and theoretical questions that provoke precise thinking about the origins, development, and effects of institutions,
2) Field Experience that informs, tests, and criticises the conceptual/theoretical tools; and
3) Practical research skills which range from ethnographic interpretation to proficiency with computers. We engages students and faculty together on suitable platforms for raising questions, seeking answers, and searching for ways to improve social and individual lives.
Students majoring in sociology are expect to take four required units: Introductory Sociology, one Methodology course, one Theory course, and Social Statistics. In addition, five higher level elective courses are required.
At MBS, we provide elective course options: Race and Ethnicity, Religion, Rex and Gender, Law and Family, Social Class, Health and Medical Care in Society, Criminal and Juvenile Justice, Social Psychology and the like.
Career Prospects of Sociology
- Sociologists from Masta Business School are prepared intellectually and experientially for a variety of careers in business, industry, social work, schools and the government immediately after college, while others post-graduate studies of M A up tp Ph D level.
- Sociologists participate in government urban studies, population studies and fare very well working for Bureaus of National Statistics.
Why Choose Masta Business School for this Course?
- You will study under the supervision of practicing Sociologists in a broad range of business, tourism, politics, social work, planning studies, government and entrepreneurship,
- We link our students during the duration of their studies to industry guests and institutional administrators for practical exposure,
- Our faculty staff are experienced researchers in their subject areas who enjoy international reputation,
- We maintain an excellent virtual platform that gives you the chance to develop your skills in data analysis and report preparation,
- Masta Business School offers an attractive range of Postgraduate Degrees in Sociology, Social Services and Administration, Criminal Justice, Law, Management and Policy Studies, Health Administration, Teaching, and other non-major specialisms such as in Economics, Policy and Strategy, Political Economics, Financial Economics, etc so you can come back for your master degree after graduation,
- Depending on the modules you wish to study, you will be able to gain exemptions from parts of the professional examinations of the major Sociology professional bodies to become certified/accredited.
For enquiries and awarding institution, ask firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply now, click – email@example.com